Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Game night and personal goals

Well I am up late once again with the lack of being able to sleep. Boy I would love to just fall a sleep right now. I know that when I need to get up in the morning I am going to be tired again and the silly process will start all over again.

Though tonight was a good night, I still have the feeling of unaccomplishment. I didn't get home until 7 this afternoon. By that time my wife and I really didn't feel like cooking, so we ordered out. I know that we really shouldn't have but what the heck. After a little bit of relaxing and finishing of a couple slices of pizza, we got the good old battleship game out and played a game. It was alright. I hadn't played the game in years. It was fun and it brought back good memories of my parrents neighbor Bob. Anyhow, we put Christopher to bed and I took Noelle under my wing on my side and Michelle on the other we started playing. Noelle really didn't grasp the concept of the game, but I let her place the pegs and push the buttons. It amused her a little I think. I know that she really couldn't sit still long enough to really get into the game anyway. The point was that we had fun.

I think that the sense of nothing getting accomplished is that there is alot of things that I would like to do but there really is no time to do them in. Like riding my bike right know. I would love to be able to go on a good bike ride. Now don't get me wrong, I have rode my bike to and from my work. Now that is no real easy task. I am so out of shape when it come to riding my bike its not funny. Before I moved here to AZ, I rode my bike almost on a daily basis and on a average of 5-6 miles. Now just jumping in and ride the 10 mile trip one way and only have an hour to do it in really is pushing it for me right now. Its not that is 10 miles, its just that its a time crunch. If i was able to take my time and work up to the time frame, I think it would be ok. Its just a matter of time. Mean while I know that I just stop procrastinating about it and just do it.

In the end its the excersize that I really need. Having my colitis flare up wasn't all of a bad thing. I lost a little bit of weight with it. Truthfully, I am still only 200 lbs at the time being; but I would like to keep the weight off, and lose more if I can. Thats my altimate goal right now. I was once down to about 175 lbs about 2 years ago with all of the bike ridding and excersize that I got, and I would like to be that weight again. In time I hope to work it back off. Well lets see what happens for now.

No comments: