Thursday, August 14, 2008

Christopher Duflo new arrival

Well I am new too this blogging thing, and i see that there are a lot of people out there that does it; so i thought that i would give it a try. Here goes.

My name is Jon Duflo, I currently live in Phoenix Az. with my family Michelle (wife) Noelle (daughter) and the newest addition to the family Christopher (son). I moved to Phoenix in september of 2007 because of job related issues. So far its been a good transition to the new surrounding (heat, dirt, the dryness, ect.).

Well the last couple of weeks have been interesting. As I mentioned, we have a new son in our little family. He was born on August 5, 2008 at Scottsdale Healthcare Hospital on Scottsdale Rd and Osborn Rd. The day was very memeroable; though i still remember my daughter birth, it just wasn't the same. My daughters birth, my wife tried to have her naturally but after 5 hrs of strugle the doc said its was time for the last resort, a c-section. I was very disapointed in myself when I had to let my wife go in the operateing room with her cousin. It was a very disapointing moment in my life when i had to make that desicion, only for the fact that i was getting sick. It was a long day in the delivery room with my wife, I hadn't eaten all day and I tried my hardest to support my wife during this history making moment. Needless to say I missed the birth of my daughter, and i wasn't going to let that happen again.

This time I was there for my sons birth. It was all of what I expected it was going to be. This time it was a planed c-section, so we new exactly when he was going to be born. We just didn't expect the events after the c-section.

During the procedure that happens everyday, there was some complications that we didn't plan for, like our son being breeched, or a abnormal loss of blood of both my wife and my son. Just moments after my son was sent out of the operating room and I was told to go with him by my wife; I learned of my sons problems. He had a loss of blood from the complications of the c-section, and he had a respitory problem that the docs want to take a few test and make sure everything was okay. A couple of hours past, the neonatel doctor tells us that our son has some fluid in his lungs that was to be expected and would adventually be absorbed by the lungs and will be fine. So they put him on a oxygen routine and monitored him on his progress.

While all of this was happening we had vistiors that came to see us in the hospital. Most of them was disapointed that they didn't get to see Christopher. That was to be expected. Though Chris my father-in-law (aka grampa to Christopher) was there to lend moral support and to the little guy just as he was born, was able to be the first grandparent to see him. I know that he is very proud and excited to have him here. Latter on michelles brother Troy and his girlfriend Nicole came up to see us followed by Christy with our daughter, Chrissy, and sydney (the cousins from michigan) then my mother-in-law Merriann with her husband. It was interesting to see them there and to see their reactions to the news that they wouldn't be albe to see our son.

Twentyfour hours had past sense our sons birth and he hadn't had any progress and seemed to be have some major problem copeing with his new enviroment. We were told that he was being transfered to a new hospital and would have much better care there. So they prepared to make arangement to transport him, while my wife was trying to see if she would be able to be transfered with him. With a stern no, my wife insisted that she would be released to be able to go see him. This is very uncommon, for a patient to be released 24 hours after a c-section. Mean while my father-in-law got news of the situation and left work early to be with us and to lend moral support. So doctors flooded the room within the next couple of hours checking my wife out and the progress that he had made so far. Surprising enough, my wife's wish was granted and she was released from the hospital.

Later we all regrouped at the hospital on Shea and 90th st to see our litte boy. We found the NICU (Neonatle Intensive Care Unit) were he was located and saw him for the first time sense the other hospital. My wife and I went in first to see him as we approched is side i was deeply sadened to see him. He was covered head to toe with medical stuff to monitor and help him. I just couldn't help myself and I shed a tear with heart felt emotion of seeing my son and the distress that he was in.

Well here is were I am cutting it off. Its time for me to go to bed. Untit next time, I will be thinking of my son.

3 comments:

Gpawilli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gpawilli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gpawilli said...

Great Start Jon Boy