Friday, August 15, 2008

Continuing from my last blog...

While all of this was happening, there has been a lot of support from the family. My daughter which a little new to all of the events that happening was being passed around from her aunt, uncle, and grand parents. After a week of not being able to come home she started to cry in frustration of being passed around. Unfortunately she couldn't, with my home early from the hospital and going up to the nicu it was a little difficult to have her at home.

After a week my wife was a little more mobile and things were on the up and up, and Noelle came home with the understanding that she had to take it easy on mommy. It was nice to have her back at home with us. Just like it was nice to introduce her to her new baby brother. That moment was long coming. This entire time that he was in special care up to now we hadn't been able to touch or hold him. That was little frustrating for my wife specially when she wanted to hold him and cradle him close to her and try to make him feel better.

Any how, we took Noelle to see her brother for the first time. It was interesting to watch her look at him and try to touch him. I just couldn't see if she understood that this was the real deal and not just one of her baby dolls that she like to put on the floor and cover with dish towels. This entire time she has been so excited to have her baby brother next to her, as she would say, " I want to hold him, and change him, and give him a bath." Its just funny what two year old would say.

Few days after the transfer of my son to the new hospital, he keeps showing progress. My wife and I keep traveling up there to get updates and give support to our little one. Over the last few days he has progressed from a cpap machine to just a nasal cannula to which he is breathing room oxygen with just a little pressure behind it. We are now able to hold him and feed him which my wife is just relieved about; and though, I know that Noelle really want to hold him, she is just too young to do so.

All in all things are looking up, I just hope that he will be able to come home soon.


No comments: