Sunday, August 17, 2008

Home coming of Christopher

Well yesterday we got the go ahead to bring home our son from the hospital. It was the best news that I have ever heard. It was weird, I almost had to do a double take when I saw him first yesterday. I walked in the pod in the NICU that he was located in, and of course Aunt Christy was holding him. I glanced at him like I always do and I noticed something different about him. I took another look at him when the nurse just walked back in the room and said that he was off his oxygen. I raised my hands and jumped for joy. It was the best moment sense he was born. The nurse further told us that he had accidentally pulled his nose piece off during shift change and they hadn't noticed until they looked at him. He seemed to be doing fine and was tolerating regular air with out it so they went with it, and if he started to have problems again they would have put the oxygen tubes back on him.

Today was the day though. We woke up bright and early this morning and headed over the father-in-laws house to have some of his famous German Pancakes. Originally I didn't think that I wanted any so I just 0pted for eggs with cheese. At first I didn't think that I was going to be able to stomach any pancakes because I was still a little wheezy from the night before. I wasn't feeling good for some strange reason. Maybe it was the exciting news of my son coming home or headache that I had all day. Well I ate the eggs, then i had a small German pancake.

After breakfast my wife with my daughter and I got in the truck and off we went to the hospital. We got to the NICU and found out that he had moved to a new location in there, and was quickly greeted by the nurse that was taking care of him at the time. We went through the process and paper work of discharging our son. At the same time he seemed to be a little hungry so Michelle fed him. Once everything was done and his belongings was collected we went back to my fathers-in-laws house for a brief home coming party. It wasn't much but it served the purpose. We were there for a while and thought that it was time to go home to spend some quality time with our son.

I have more photos to post in a later blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

congratulations jon and michelle - you have some of the most beautiful children. looking forward to seeing more photos.

be safe and well. many blessings to you all...palestar