Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Faith VanDyke

It was just the other night as I was cleaning and going through boxes that was left over from moving, I found some pictures of Noelle that I took of when she was younger. It instant reminded me of the journey that I have experienced and some of the people that helped me get through the tough times. One person that instantly came to my mind was the branch secretary at my old place of work in Kalamazoo Mi. She was a very strong will person to say the least, and there were times that her and I got into spats. Looking back at it now, I only see it as a growing and learning experience. She brought new ideas and different ways to view things that helped out in many situations. I haven't seen or heard from her sense her early retirement; if I remember it right, I think that it was back in 2004 or 2005. It’s been some time anyway. She took early retirement because of medical reasons, but if there was one thing that I learned from her was to cherish the moments that you have with your children and or grandchildren in her case. I don't necessarily know if she can read this but I know that she is with me in spirit.


The last time that I saw her she wasn't doing so well and I heard that she had moved in with her sister in St. Joesph in Michigan. That's the last i had heard of her. Though I would say that she is one of the many influential people of my life; she is missed, and she is always with me in the memories that we had shared, the good and the bad.

No comments: