Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A hard morning

Well the wife had her first day back to work today. That meant that I had both kids for the whole day by myself. So far I have had a rough morning. I got home two thirty this morning from work and went to bed. It wasn't before to long Michelle was getting up for work so that she could catch the bus. At the same time Christopher was waking up letting me know that it was time to change his diaper and feed him. Well I managed to change his diaper with out a problem. While I was doing that Michelle went down stairs to make him a bottle for me. So Michelle hand me the bottle after I got comfortable with him and then turn on the TV for me so that I wouldn't be board out of my mind. It took Christopher about forty five minutes before he was just about finally done. At the same time Michelle was heading out the door to catch the bus. Just when I thought that I would be able to get back to bed, here come Noelle down the stairs looking for mommy. Now you have to remember that this was about four forty five when she came down the stairs. I simply told her that mommy had to go to work and will be back soon and tried to get her back in bed. Well that failed, only because she was hungry.

Well its now going on ten and Noelle still is up I have had to feed Christopher twice since then. He still doesn't seem to want to go back to sleep. I believe that he is still a little bound up because of the iron that is in the formula. So I feed him about a ounce of good old apple juice. Well I already know that it will give a baby the most nastiest diaper that any body will have to change, but if it will help him have a bowel movement I am game.

Lets seem what happens, all I can do now is wait. I just hope that I can get some shut-eye before I have to go to work next.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

jon -

welcome to daddy-hood. omg i still remember the fragrant diapers - whew!!!

my advice is never give full strength juice to children of any age. half water - half juice - seems to still do the job - but the odour is tempered and not so odouriffic ... he he...

you are doing fine - just remember to breathe and hydrate your self - you will make it thru - i know cause i have survived it four times - i am still here... blessings...palestar