Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Fort!

Well today was the second day that Michelle has been back to work. Well, she could have been back to work a lot sooner but her work was saying that they couldn't give her the hours. Well it was a crock for as I was concerned. On Monday, she had a talk to her District Manager. He was letting her know of a possible new position that he wanted her to take. I hope that she does, but Michelle has some doubts that she might not be able to do the job.


Well this morning I got with Christopher; it was about five thirty or so, and Michelle was practically at work, I here this little cry from Noelle up stairs. Well she thought that she would be able to sneak in Mommy and daddy's bed. Well to her surprise we were not there. So she started shout for Mommy. Its so funny when she does it though. Well I called up to her and let her know that I was down stairs feeding her brother. So she came down the stairs and see whats up.

Well she came down stairs and found a box in her way to me. Then she saw the cat go in the box - at this point the box was on its side - so she followed suit and when it the box as well. She seemed to be having fun with it, so why not let her. It was kinda one of those moments where the kids are sitting around the Christmas tree and opening presents, and the kids are done opening all of there presents and start playing with the boxes instead of the toys. Ya, it was like one of those moments. After a few minutes pass she comes up to me and asked me to build her a fort. She knows what a fort is only because her uncle and aunt introduced her to them trying to play house with her. In all reality I really didn't want to build her one, only because I was just a little tired yet. It was just how she asked it was got me. She pulled up all the stops and brought out the big guns. She tilted her head just so slightly and pouted her lips and just stared at me with her big bright blue eyes and asked, "Daddy will you please build me a fort, please daddy, please." That's all it took. I will somehow will have to learn how to build a defense on an attack like this. Otherwise I will be in some serious trouble latter on!


Well so I got the utility knife out and a big roll of packaging tape and went to town. By the time I was done she had a pretty decent sized box fort. It looked pretty good if I would say so myself. Soon as i was done it wasn't even two seconds she already was crawling in there and bringing her dolls and puppy (her stuff animal security blanket) with her. She came back out and said that it was dark in there and couldn't see, so I cut a couple windows in the top that served a dual purpose, one to let light in and second so that I can see her in there. When I talked to my wife about nine or so, she was telling me that Noelle was going to town with it. There was just when one problem, it was too dark again. So my wife fixed the problem by putting one of those glade fake scented candles in there and I guess it lite it up like a lantern while camping. I am pretty sure that had a lot of fun with it.



Here is a very crude example that I came up with the two empty boxes that I had. It wasn't much but it was very thing to my daughter. Who knew that a couple of boxes could give endless fun to a two year old. I can only imagine when little Christopher is old enough to play what kind of things that they are going to get them selves into.



No comments: